Introductory Email

Dear Professor Blackstone,

My name is Xuan Yi, and I am a student in the S20 class currently enrolled in the Mechanical Engineering program at the Singapore Institute of Technology.

I graduated from Ngee Ann Polytechnic in 2022 with a diploma in Aerospace Engineering. My educational journey began with a Nitec in Aerospace Machining Technology and a Higher Nitec in Precision Engineering from the Institute of Technical Education.

During my studies, I completed three internships in the engineering field, which significantly motivated me to further pursue my education in Engineering. These experiences provided me with valuable insights and a broader understanding of the practical aspects of engineering.

Outside of academics, I have a passion for travel. I enjoy exploring different parts of the world, immersing myself in various cultures, and appreciating the beauty of nature, from serene blue seas to lush mountain landscapes.

In terms of communication, I consider adaptability to be one of my strengths. I am able to adjust my communication style to suit different environments. However, I recognize that I could improve my skills in providing constructive feedback, as I tend to focus more on listening.

My goal for this module is to develop a more profound and diverse perspective in problem-solving and to enhance my ability to offer valuable feedback to others by the end of this trimester.

Thank you very much for your time.


Best regards,

Xuan Yi

Comments

  1. Hi Xuan Yi! Great letter. It was very cool to read about your whole education journey and your passion for traveling. In general, a well-written letter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Xuan Yi, thanks for lettings us get to know you better! I am impressed that you have already completed 3 internships prior to studying in SIT! Here's to a great 3 years of learning :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Xuan Yi, I appreciate the concise introduction! However, I feel that it would be nice if you could elaborate on how adaptable you are as well as what is stopping you from voicing the constructive feedback. Let's work together to achieve this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Xuan Yi,

    Thank you very much for this fairly well organized and informative letter. You seem to address the key points and elaborate with decent detail. I'm particularly impressed by the fact that you did three intrnships. At the same time, I felt the need to know more about those: where were they, what did you do in each, and how did you learn some particular skill?

    If there is anything here to work on here in a 2nd draft it might be the level of detail of various statements.

    Thanks again for the introduction.

    I look forward to learning more about you this term.

    Cheers,

    Brad

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Quote Interpretation by Albert Wong and me

Initial Research Pathway of DJI Mavic 3 Drone by Dong Xuan and me